July 26, 2019 at 2:06 am
How do you choose the best company for your new flooring installation project? You will need to spend some time doing a little research and reading reviews on your top choices. You should meet with the companies in your home so they can give you ideas or feedback on what you think might be the best choice for you. You will want to see samples of the flooring in your home to see if it actually matches well with you paint and surroundings. Talk to your friends perhaps they have done business with one of these companies and can give you some feedback on their experience.
When you think of the best flooring company what do you expect from them?
- The best quality flooring for the money. For carpeting that means the highest quality in terms of the type of carpet you want such as a pet protect or wool carpeting. For Luxury Vinyl Flooring (LVF) you are going to want a waterproof LVF that is built to last for a long time and not fade. Most people do not know this but having an LVF with built in padding or having some sort of underlayment will make the floor softer to stand on.
- The best carpet installation means that the installation is guaranteed for life and that your carpet looks beautiful in every room. Very few companies offer this as they typically use subcontractors and unless you do not like something and bring it up when the job is done you are out of luck. The bottom line is that the life of the carpet will suffer and it will not look as good as it should if it was installed by professionals.
- The best price on your flooring is a combination of these factors as you may be able to get a cheaper price on the carpet one place and the installation cheaper somewhere else. For example, the big box stores often advertise free installation on carpeting but they do not tell you that you are getting the cheapest padding available. The cost of the pad is typically about double what you get from Coventry carpets, as well as the cost of an apple to apple carpet is about 30 percent more, thus their “free” installation is NOT SO FREE.
- Proper installation is critical to creating a great looking room. Hiring a professional flooring contractor will save you a lot of time, headaches and even money in the long run. The right flooring company will understand your unique situation, and work with your budget to make the most of your investment.
At Coventry Carpets and Flooring we build upon your dreams and provide you the best flooring and the nicest looking rooms for your home. We will come out to your house with our mobile showroom or you can come into our showroom, with an appointment, to get ideas for your flooring installation project.
- Coventry Carpets guarantees their installation and takes pride in their work. Our design consultants have extensive knowledge and can help guide you through the different types of flooring options and the pros and cons of them in specific rooms in your home. We are one of very few flooring companies in Denver that actually do their own installations for carpeting and luxury vinyl tile.
- When you compare the same carpeting, padding and installation price that Coventry provides you against any of our competitors you will find that we are about 20% to 30% less overall and your installation is guaranteed for life! That is why Coventry is the best flooring company in Denver.
Click on the links below to see any of our ratings.
- Google Reviews gives us a 5 star rating with 150 reviews
- Yelp gives us a 5 star rating with 39 reviews
- Better Business Bureau gives us an A plus rating
July 13, 2019 at 11:43 pm
When seams are made, even properly, they can be noticeable. The type of carpet, and the light source coming across the seam will affect how noticeable the seam is. Professional installers will minimize the seam placement, but that does not mean the seam will be invisible, just like clothing, you need to put the seam together, and they can and will be noticeable. You can’t put in carpet like pouring concrete. Seams are a part of almost all carpet installations.
Carpet rolls come in three sizes: 12’, 15’, and 13’ 6”. This means if your room size is bigger than this or you have long hallways, you will have seams in your room. Some carpets hide seams better than others but it is important to realize that seams will never be invisible. A good carpet installer will be able to place it in such a way it has minimal impact.
Carpets seam differently
Depending on the size and traffic in a room, you can choose carpets where seams will be less noticeable. Berber carpets are the most difficult to hide seams. This means you should have a realistic expectation if you choose this type of carpeting. Shag carpets and twists are the easiest to seam because the loose pile blend well when installed.
You may hear acceptable seam when looking at carpets. Seams are visible when they are used to install your carpeting. They are even more noticeable when you know where they are. An acceptable seam will have the carpet backings flush with one another. They should not have gaps or overlays. Berber carpet should be cut lengthwise along the bias, never cut with a cross seam as it will be more noticeable.
If you hire Coventry not only will your install on equal carpet and padding be about 25% less you will have our Lifetime Installation Guarantee!
- When you buy your carpeting and flooring from Coventry you are dealing with one point of contact for everything. We do the layout, ordering and the install. If anything should go wrong, we guarantee to make it right at no cost to you.
- Our mobile showroom allows our sales consultants to come directly to your home or business with samples and give you a free estimate, on your schedule and because of our low over head and “WAREHOUSE” pricing we are able to pass the savings on to you. We also have a beautiful showroom that is by appointment only. Our Experienced people provide you with the additional factor needed for a unique design that works with your home and lifestyle. We can answer any questions you have about all types of flooring as it is all that we do.
- If the work is not guaranteed and you do not get a warranty on the products, what can you do if something goes wrong? Make sure you hire someone like Coventry Flooring who has been in business for years. We guarantee to make any issue you have right!
- At Coventry Flooring our installers are employees. We are one of very few companies in Denver that guarantee’s the installation for the life of the carpet because we install it. Our installation crews are all insured and bonded. Most of our installation crews have over 30 years of carpet experience. They are reliable, honest, hardworking and pleasant to have in your home. Some notable installations that we have done are the “Brown Palace Hotel”, “Regis University” and “Steam Boat Grand hotel”.
- When you are ready to have new carpet installed make sure you get the best quality carpet padding to go with it. The padding will help your carpet last longer and work better. Carpet padding density and thickness each help with carpet performance.
Coventry Carpets is a family-owned and operated referral-based company built on developing relationships with our customers by revolutionizing the way they experience flooring. Scot Johnson and Tom Burns created the company in response to over 40 years of combined service in the industry. They began with carpet and transformed it into not just a material but to a product that includes not only the carpet itself but also the installation of that carpet.